Adding Participants, can't enter pin

Copper Contributor

Could really do with some help on the following.

When you are in a meeting and you call a pin protected service, i.e. Arkadin, you can’t enter a pin.

Scenario is: 

• Start Skype meeting
  • Add participants (None Skype client) by using the dial pad or enter their phone number
  • Participant responds with welcome message and asks for you to enter password/pin followed by hash
  • You enter the pin and hash using the dial pad and get nothing!!

Skype drops the call and treats the pin as a new participant….

Is this expected behavior or have I missed something? Any advice gratefully received.

7 Replies

Is this in a Skype Room System, or SfB Client?  If so which version of client/server?

The problem affects both lync room and client, both are using sfb 2016

Hi Marc,

what are you trying to accomplish? Merging two audio conferences?

Are you using SfB Online or SfB Server?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

We are using sfb locally on one of our servers...

What we are trying to do is connect in a participant to an meeting through the dial pad, the issue is that we need to enter a code followed by a hash to get them into the call....it would be no different from entering a call system where you need to enter numbers to select options.

It appears that the DMTF doesn't work whilst in a meeting, but it does when you are just making a normal call. You can hear tones when pressing any of the numbers but "#" does not respond.

when you put the pin you have to type in the pin
i bet you didnot think that first if not work restart computer thank you what is your skype number please

This is expected behavior. DTMF tones will not pass from the meeting to the new attendee. To add an attendee to a call where you need to dial more than a simple phone number, call the person as a new call, enter the appropriate numbers on the keypad, and then merge that call into your meeting (3 dots at the bottom right of the call).

Hope this helps,

Brandon