During the summer months, we focused on quality and bug fixes. However, we are back this month with some new and exciting features!
Simplified sign-in experience and support for certificate-based authentication
- On initial sign-in, users are now only required to enter their sign-in address.
- Based on the sign-in information, we will ask for additional information (such as password) only when necessary. If your organization supports certificate-based authentication and the certificate exists on the machine, you will sign in automatically.
- We have moved some of the less-used options (such as user name) to the Advanced Options page to simplify the experience and avoid unnecessary confusion to the end users.
- Earlier this year we added support for joining a meeting through phone. We listened to your feedback and have now added the additional option to join a meeting without audio.
- Users can choose to hide or show content that another user is sharing in a meeting. When someone is sharing their screen, select to “Turn off content” under the More options menu. If content is available but not displayed, the option will show “Turn on content”.
- The “End Meeting” option was added last release. This option allows a presenter to end the meeting for all participants before leaving a meeting.
Where can I find more information? Please see our release notes for the full list of features and improvements. We update our client on a regular cadence and encourage you to download the latest client when possible. See “What is Office Insider” section below on how to get the latest build. The changes in this blog will appear on Insider Slow channel shortly.
What is Office Insider? The Office Insider program for Mac allows users to install early builds of upcoming Office and Skype for Business on Mac releases to test new features before other they will be released publicly. For more details see this blog article: How to access early Skype for Business on Mac versions.
If you have any comments or questions on this Insider Release, feel free to post in our Community. You can provide feedback directly to the Microsoft product team by using the Report an Issue link under Help menu of the Skype for Business on Mac app.
Senior Program Manager, Skype for Business