Your organization's policies don't allow you to share with these users

Copper Contributor

Hi There,

I have a site collection that have all the permission needed to allow external sharing. I have set the Sharing from admin portal to anyone. I have set the option to 'Allow sharing with all external users, and by using anonymous access links' to this site collection. Yet one of my member can't share a document to a specific people that is outside of our organization. Is there any thing I have missed?

Thank you 

5 Replies

So only one user is affected, other members of the same SC can share?

@Vasil Michev 

No I have assumed that all members have the same issue. 

@MTG2030 I have faced a slightly similar issue which was resolved by changing the External Sharing Options to 'Anyone'. Since you have already that kind of flexibility, I would suggest you to check once with some more users in Site Collection, if this is happening to them.

You can check if any particular domain is blocked. As just a try, you can change the external sharing settings to some other and then change it back to 'Anyone' and ask the user to try again. See if this works.

@link2shaan 

I went and tested this site collection because I had no access to it prior checking. The error is no longer triggered once I have added the email address and it was just telling me that the person is out of our organization. I still have no clue why that member can't share a document out of the organization although I just did tried and error didn't appeared. There might be permissions messed up? 

I have question tho. How do I grey out an individual option rather all. for example setting Sharing on Admin Portal to not Anyone will grey out Sharing to 'Anyone with the link'. If I remove edit, delete permissions will affect the sharing functionality to just share to 'people with an existing access'. How do I make 'People with existing access and Specific People' options available to member to share documents.

Thank you  

@MTG2030 You can make the members (with contribute and edit access), provide access to external members, there is an option when you go to Site permissions for that.

Also check once changing the permissions of that one user, who is facing the issue to Full Control for a while. I think this might be a permissions thing.