xlsx files not updating sharepoint column values

Copper Contributor

When I change a value in a .xlsx property that has the identical name as a library column in sharepoint online, the column value doesn't change.If the file is .xls this problem doesn't exist. Anyone have any ideas how can it be fixed?

4 Replies
Are you using the Export to excel feature in SPO lists? If so, the export feature works only one way: from SharePoint to Excel and no the other way around

@AlexanderTzekov 

Just to be clear: are you having problems with promoting properties from xlsx files like Title, Tags, Categories, ... to SharePoint columns?
How do you edit the xlsx file?
I just tested it on my tenant and when I edit the xlsx file using "Open in app" then changes to e.g. Title made within Excel are present in the SharePoint column after saving.

Paul

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

I fully aggree with you this diagnosis.  I think the last version of SharePoint that allowed a list update from a linked list was SP2003!

@Paul de Jong 
 Title, Tags, Categories.. work but the advanced properties don`t and i edit it the same way in the desktop app. All of them have matching columns in SharePoint and xls files update them when changed in excel but xlsx don`t do it.

image.pngimage.png