Workflow approval template not available

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a subsite of a PWA site in which I want to create an approval workflow in a document library.  I have workflows activated for the site collection but still the usual OOTB workflow templates are not available.  The only one that is there is the Three state one.  Even in SP Designer 2013 the Globally Reusable Workflows are not there. The Workflow page is empty.

As a test, I created a new test PWA site and subsite.  I was able to see the OOTB workflows there no problem.  It has something to do with this one site collection.

I don't know how else to troubleshoot this.  I have found solutions for on-premise sites, but nothing to fix this in Office 365. I have been struggling for an answer for almost 3 weeks now.  Grateful for any insight/advise.

5 Replies

We also only have the three-state workflow in our PWA site collection, currently investigating, hopefully someone else has discovered the answer to this

Trevor - I solved this issue for us last week.  I had read a number posts that said to de-activate and then to  re-activate the workflows.  This did not work for me.  The solution that did was to open Designer and rename the wfpub folder to wfpub-old.  Then we deactivated/reactivated and Designer made a new wfpub folder and the templates became available for use.  I think something must have gone wrong in the initial creation of the site collection and the wfpub files had something wrong with them. I'd be curious to see if this fixes your issue also.

You might also take a look at this if you haven't seen it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/allow-or-prevent-custom-script.  It is what MS support told us to do, but we had already done the folder fix.

Thanks for that. I have asked our PMO to try this out.

I'm having this same issue and Microsoft sent me your response. I don't understand what you mean as I don't have a wfpub folder. Can you clarify? @Angela French 

Regards,

Ken

I had the same issue.  Only the 3-state workflow displayed within subsites of a specific site collection, (based on the Project Template (classic)).  However, I was able to disable/re-enable the Workflow feature at the site collection level, and the other 3 2010 workflows became available for use.  I added the Approval workflow to the library, and it appears to be functioning correctly.