SOLVED

Word documents missing pictures on some computers

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

This one is a real challenge...

We're recently rolled sharepoint out as a document store (Word .docx)

Two computers, both running windows 10 and office 365. Same group policies. Everything fully updated.

On one computer we can open the word documents as you'd expect but on the other the documents open with no pictures.  There is a placeholder left where they should be with a small red 'x' in the corner.  It doesn't matter which user is logged on.

If we copy the document to the local computer the pictures magically reappear.

This affects more than one computer so I thought i'd check with you guys & girls before I resort to wiping one of them.

Thanks

Kind regards

Nathan

3 Replies

Hi @CyRoAr ,

Is this on the Online version of Word? Could be as simply as one user has zoom set to greater than 100% in their browser. 

We have seen this in Word Online, usually for all users not just one and the solution is to open it in the Desktop version of Word, the Online version just doesnt have 100% of the functionality of the desktop version. 

Andy

Morning @Andrew Hodges

Thank you for the reply. Sadly, we all use the desktop version on a 365 business licence.

Maybe an Office reinstall would be a better next step for me than wiping the computer. I'll give that a go.

Kind regards

Nathan

best response confirmed by CyRoAr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi All,

I noticed that when logging on, before OneDrive has had a chance to start and sync, the files are available and open correctly with pictures.

Reinstalling OneDrive & Office made no difference.

As a work around:

Open OneDrive settings. 

Click the 'Office' tab

Untick 'Use Office applications to sync Offices files that I open'

Of course the downside to this is that we can longer edit files together.

Kind regards

Nathan

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CyRoAr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi All,

I noticed that when logging on, before OneDrive has had a chance to start and sync, the files are available and open correctly with pictures.

Reinstalling OneDrive & Office made no difference.

As a work around:

Open OneDrive settings. 

Click the 'Office' tab

Untick 'Use Office applications to sync Offices files that I open'

Of course the downside to this is that we can longer edit files together.

Kind regards

Nathan

View solution in original post