With the SharePoint list rating feature, can you see the users who rated?

Copper Contributor

With the SharePoint list rating feature, can you see the users who rated?

I asked ChatGPT and it provided an answer, but I don't see the rating section it mentioned (the items are rated).

Here is what ChatGPT said.

-----------------

Yes, in SharePoint, you can see the users who rated a list item.

If you have a list with the rating column enabled, you can view the ratings and the users who submitted them by following these steps:

1. Go to the SharePoint list where you have the rating column enabled.

2. Click on the ellipsis (...) next to the item that you want to view the ratings for.

3. From the dropdown menu, click on "View Item" to open the item details page.

4. On the item details page, scroll down to the rating section.

5. You should see the average rating, the number of ratings, and the list of users who submitted the ratings.

Note that to view the ratings, the list item must have at least one rating submitted. If no ratings have been submitted yet, the rating section will not appear on the item details page.

5 Replies

@Enzhou_Wang Don't know if you found the answer for this, but "the filters pane" does show you who has rated, not by item but user.

@Enzhou_Wang @Bjakar 

If you are using SharePoint default ratings feature, you can use JSON formatting to show the users who have liked an item in list view.

Check this JSON sample: Liked By Users 

ganeshsanap_0-1697203905586.pngYou can also develop and use custom rating (like/unlike) feature using JSON formatting without using SharePoint default ratings feature.

Check this JSON sample: Like/Unlike SharePoint List Item screenshot-like-unlike.gif

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap do you have a JSON sample that can be used for star rating?

@Lantoniazzi Check this: Star Rating 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thank you - but how do you show the users that rated the item? Is that doable?