Why the "Site Pages" filtering is not showing the custom properties added to the content type

Steel Contributor

I am working on a new communication site, and i have created  a new content type which have the built-in "Site Pages" content type as its parent, and i added this new content type inside the "Site Pages" list. and inside the custom content type i added three sites columns of type Managed Metadata which are linked to 3 term stores. and i set the 3 managed metadata columns as required. i added 2 modern pages and i assign them values for the managed metadata properties. but when i went to the AllPages.aspx view >> click on the filter icon, i only got those fields for filtering:-

filteringg.png

so i am not sure why my managed metadata columns are not showing inside the filtering panel? is it a matter of time? as i have created the site around 2 hours ago? or there are some settings i need to follow? of course i want my chnage to get reflected for all users. as seems i can click on the view field >> click on "filter by" >> but this will get cleared if i refresh the page, or other user access the filtering panel..

5 Replies

@john john You need to click the column name from the List view and under "Column Settings" --> there is option "Pin to filters pane". 

Capture.PNG

@unnie ayilliath 

How soon will I be able to see this in the filter menu?

@Carolhosking After pinning column to filters pane, you should be able to see it in filters pane immediately.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap 

Thanks for your reply, pin to filter pane is working ok but Page properties is not displaying in the filter, I only have these in the menu thanks

menu.png

@Carolhosking Is this a highlighted content web part? 

If yes and you want to use custom column created in library inside highlighted content web part filters, you have to map the custom column crawl property with one of the managed properties and then use the managed property in filter section.

Follow my answer given here, it should help you: How to sort by name with the Highlighted Content Web Part 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs