Why the fields are showing side by side inside modern DisplayForm

Steel Contributor

Today when we access the modern display form for a custom list, we have noted that the fields are showing side by side as follow:-

sidebyside.png

last week the fields were showing under each other... so is this a new feature inside SharePoint? if so, then can we disable this side by side display for the fields inside our display forms?

Thanks

5 Replies
I believe this is part of the new lists experience in SharePoint Online
You could perhaps create a Power App to display the list items. That will give you total control over the looks and feel.

@Juan Carlos González Martínbut is there a way to get the old style, where the fields are shown under each other?

@ArefHalmstrand   but is there a way to get the old style, where the fields are shown under each other?

@john john 

Are you still facing this issue?

I think it was temporary problem, because I am not able to see the columns on display form side by side on my tenant.

Display form.PNG

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.