Why do we have two identical navigation menus

Brass Contributor

See here in this image. This is our top navigation menu. The site shown is an immediate child of the root site (which might now be a hub site if I could ever figure that out …)

Anyways, why do I have duplicate menus. I don't know what to edit to just have ONE navigation menu. If I turn off navigation at the root I lose it everywhere, and I don't think I can disable it on this child site.

duplicate-menus.PNG

Thanks for any tips.

4 Replies
Seems to be a bug...I have just created a Subsite under a Hub Site and the navigation in the subsite is also messy (no as messy as in your case)

wonderful, bugs are more fun when they're shared. I'll submit a ticket.

Solved - on the sub site just change the global navigation to structured navigation (mine was set to 'display same as parent').

So on subsite -> site settings -> navigation -> Global Navigation -> Structured Navigation.

Answer was on this forum somewhere.

@Craig Debbo 

I have the same problem. This started after I registered my main site as a hubsite. 

Changing on subsite -> site settings -> navigation -> Global Navigation -> Structured Navigation. didn't work out also. I'm still having both menus on the top navigation bar. 

Any recommendations?