When should I associcate the site collection created by teams to hub?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

When should I associate the site collection created by teams to hub?

Best,

T

2 Replies

Hello @tom_s1865 

when you use the SharePoint Site in a HUB, as example in a Project HUB, when you have a Teams per Project and with a Hub you inherited the design, navigation and search scope. See more: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-en/sharepoint/planning-hub-sites

P.s.: HUB Sites are an M365 feature only, nothing to do with your labels like SharePoint Server.

Regards, Dave

@tom_s1865 Check below Microsoft official documentations, it will give you idea when to use SharePoint hub sites:

1. What is a SharePoint hub site? 
  2. Planning your SharePoint hub sites 

From 1st link:

SharePoint hub sites help you meet the needs of your organization by connecting and organizing sites based on project, department, division, region, etc. making it easier to:

• Discover related content such as news and other site activities

• Apply common navigation, branding, and site structure across associated sites

• Search across all associated sites

If you have above requirements for your business function, you should use hub site collection.

Similar threadHow can I decide if specific business function should be hub site collection or not? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.