What is the best way to print out a SharePoint List

Brass Contributor

How do I make it easy for someone to print a SharePoint list that is filtered and make it come out clean and formatted?  The people who would be printing this are Presidents so I dont want them to fumble through exporting to Excel as they are not familiar with this environment especially when it comes to printing.  I know it will come out out of page range.  

8 Replies

@VeeExcelLearn 

There is no OOTB way to do so, you can add your custom button in List View using SPFX Extension - List View Command set and you can implement your own logic for print.

Below is the similar thread which is doing print for single item with template so you can extend it according to your requirement to support printing of all the list items.

https://github.com/pnp/sp-dev-fx-extensions/tree/main/samples/react-command-print

Hope it will helpful to you

@kalpeshvaghela looks like something that would work but the question is is this for an individual item or the entire list. In my case I want the entire list to be printed not an item. Is this just JSON code and if so where do I put it. Please be patient as I am starting my learning journey thank you.

@VeeExcelLearn 

As mentioned in previous reply, sample which I shared is only for single item, you need to adapt it for entire list.

and it's not the JSON code but it's SharePoint Framework Application Customizer - List View Command set which is using React as Framework so if you are starting your journey then first you need to grab some knowledge about SharePoint Framework

Documentation

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/sharepoint-framework-overview 

Hope it will help to you.

I am not really a developer but an end user. I am not sure IT would allow me access to do this. Are there any other options for me?

@VeeExcelLearn 

No, there is no OOTB way to do so.

@VeeExcelLearn like you I do not have access to SPFx. If your list doesn't have too many columns you can use a flow in Power Automate to save it to an HTML table and then a PDF. But that might be too fiddly for something that should be simple out of the box.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Rob, that is what I was thinking. I mean I wouldnt mind learning to use SPFx as it seems it opens up many more doors to customization but I am not sure if they would allow me. I was initially thinking a button that triggers a Flow action that would accomplish this. I do have alot of columns but I am sure I could clean it up. Do you have an example of such action by any chance? Thank you kindly for your response to my query.

@VeeExcelLearn if you have a lot of columns you won't be able to clean it up sufficiently for it to look good in the HTML table and PDF.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)