Weird field named "Sign-Off Status" appears inside our custom list create/edit forms

Steel Contributor

I am working on a sharepoint online custom list which uses custom content type. but today when i access the list i found that there is a new list field call "Sign-Off Status", as follow:-

Sing-offstatus.png

although no one (except the office 365 username which i own), has the permission to modify the lists, as all the users have either Read or Contribute permissions.. so can anyone advice what caused this column to be added to our list??

Thanks

3 Replies

@john john Someone has gone into 'configure flow' in the flow menu for the list and selected 'request sign-off' which is a light weight approval process.

@Robin Nilsson wrote:

@john john Someone has gone into 'configure flow' in the flow menu for the list and selected 'request sign-off' which is a light weight approval process.

@Robin Nilssonok thanks for the info. yes seems a user has clicked on Flow and chose random choice, he was exploring things.... so can this be prevented? i mean to prevent end users (users with Read or Contribute) from creating Flows? and if i can prevent this for all the lists/libraries inside our current site collection? sometimes we are surprised how SP online works.. so contributor users who should not have permission to modify list settings can define MS Flows on the lists and modify the list columns?

second question, is there any harm if i manually remove the "Sign-Off Status" from the list?

Thanks

@Robin Nilsson

@john john 

Looking for answer on this - how to remove 'sign off status' in a custom list ?