weird entries in news page people picker

MVP

Hi, I have just started a trial tenant to demo 365 SharePoint and Yammer features for a customer.  We have been playing with SharePoint and Yammer for two days. All good.

The trial tenant has eight users. But when I change the name in a SharePoint news page, I see weird entries that look like notifications+21dfg9qo@Yammer.com

peopledropdown.png

How do I get rid of these entries? 

- They are not listed in the SharePoint hidden user list - I see only the eight expected users

- They are not listed as M365 Users

- They are not listed in Azure AD

- They are not discoverable in Yammer

What creates these email addresses and how do I remove them from the SharePoint people picker?

Edit:  Looking at the emails received for my trial account, I see that these weird email addresses all feature in my Outlook inbox. I have received notifications from Yammer from three different "notification+...@Yammer.com" email addresses and one from "no-reply@sharepoint.com" and all these come up in the people picker of the news page header.

How can I get rid of them?

4 Replies

@Ingeborg Hawighorst This looks to be a bug/backend issue.

Please report to Microsoft 365 Support from the Admin Center.

@Rahul Kumaar Thanks for your reply. I will abandon this trial tenant and if the issue comes up in the production tenant, I will log it. 

We are experiencing the same issue on a production tenant. Haven't ever noticed before. I wonder if this is a new "feature"?

@Jesse Vaught 

Having the same issue in our tenant. Started about a month ago, that I know of.