WebParts for Trending Content on Modern Pages

Steel Contributor

There are these two web parts on the modern "Site Contents" page:

1. Site Visits, and
  2. Trending Content

Web Parts on the modern "Site Contents" PageWeb Parts on the modern "Site Contents" Page

Before we switch over to modern from classic all out, we are trying to work with several use-cases that we need. One of these use-cases is a home page for our project sites and their site-collection to show a snapshot view of that site-collection including all the sub-sites. Currently, in classic, we have carefully designed the home page using several content search web parts to show different metrics. 

Now, the "Highlighted Content" web part works for recent documents and it works as well to roll-up the entire site-collection. However, there is no web part available for "Trending Content", which we wish to add to the home page! We generally, do not allow "Site Contents" to be directly visible to users, and need this on a separate page.

Are these two web parts available to add to a modern page? (Site Visits and Trending Content).

4 Replies

Hi @Abhimanyu Singh,

The closest thing to the trending document is the  Site activity web part. The trending documents isn't available.

SiteActivity.PNG

And by the way, It's not clear to me that what you call WebParts are real WebParts...bear in mind that the site contents page is a "system" page you cannot edit

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
And by the way, It's not clear to me that what you call WebParts are real WebParts...bear in mind that the site contents page is a "system" page you cannot edit

That is a good point there @Juan Carlos González Martín, I didn't think of that actually!

It could be that those thingys (Site Visits and Trending Content) may not be web parts at all. Those could very well have been hard-coded into the "Site Contents" page!

But, I shall wait for an MS engineer here to confirm.

@Abhimanyu Singh @Juan Carlos González Martín

I'm trying to locate a resource that would explain the specifications for how the 'Highlighted content / Trending pages' works.

Like what is the basis for deciding which pages are trending? Does it rely on data from the previous day? week? month?

Many thanks.