Web Accessiblity for Content Query Web Part (CQWP)

Copper Contributor

I'm using a web accessibility tool for a page which has a Content Query Web Part (CQWP) on it.   I'm getting an error on the images in the CQWP.  

I checked the Source code for that page and just saw the reference to the web part.  I then made sure the "Hyperlink or Picture" field in the list that the CQWP pulls from had the Description field completed.  

Can anyone explain why I'm getting the error and how to resolve the web accessibility error?  Thanks in advance. 

1 Reply

@Teddybeardog For hyperlinks to be accessible follow below instructions

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/make-your-sharepoint-site-accessible-to-people-with-disab... 

Create accessible hyperlink texts

People who use screen readers sometimes scan a list of links. Links should convey clear and accurate information about the destination. For example, avoid using link texts such as "Click here," "See this page," Go here," or "Learn more." Instead include the full title of the destination page.

Tip: If the title on the hyperlink's destination page gives an accurate summary of what’s on the page, use it for the hyperlink text. For example, this hyperlink text matches the title on the destination page: Create more with Microsoft templates.

For the step-by-step instructions on how to create hyperlinks, go to Add accessible content and links to a SharePoint Online site.