SOLVED

Weather web part is now available

Silver Contributor
Noticed the Weather web part is now available in TR
14 Replies
Has anyone else noticed that after placing the webpart on a page you get the browser warning regarding "not all content on the page is secure"? Looks like the image in the webpart (ie. Sun, cloud, rain, etc) is using http OK instead of HTTPS. Anyone know how to send this issue to the Microsoft SharePoint engineering team?
@Rick DeFoe copying @Bill Baer as most senior SharePoint engineer about your question.

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll look into this and follow up with an answer as soon as possible.

best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution

We've updated the build and a new version resolving this issue should roll out in the next couple of weeks.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Great, thanks for the quick response

I noticed that the warning is now gone so I'm guessing the fix has been deployed. 

Thanks.

Great to hear!  Glad to know it's been resolved.  Please let us know if you see any issues.

Great when this community acts as a feedback channel to Microsoft. Thanks to @Bill Baer

How do you get the part to display local weather?

It asks for a location when you add the web part and is required before it will start working if that's what you mean:

Webpart1.pngWebpart2.png

What I would like is for the weather web part to be regionalised based on where the user is logging on from or office base location (we have 5 regional offices) @Cian Allner 

Hello @stevec1 , @Bill Baer ,

Is there any update to show weather based on logged in location?

@stevec1 , Is your issue resolved?

Thanks

Hi, @vish3027 I didnt pursue this one any further.  We opted just to let people set their own weather locations in Outlook that they wanted plus links to any national weather web sites. 

@vish3027   Hello-  is there an update to show weather based on logged in location?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution

We've updated the build and a new version resolving this issue should roll out in the next couple of weeks.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post