Wanted to create a List with team details from the user related information available in MS 365

Copper Contributor

HI I am developing a site for my team using SharePoint Online (MS 365) and in which a Team Details List needed to be created which will show various details about a team member and most of the required information such as full name as per HR record, First Name, Last Name, email address, phone number, employee ID etc etc...I know if I make a column type into Person or Group and then select my SharePoint group (member, visitor owner or custom made) and then I can find their data. And I can replicate each column same column type but with different user details. But the challenge is these columns are not connected to each other. For e.g. if I add user by picking from the Group data in to First Name field, it doesnt automatically fill the rest of the column with remaining information about that person. i.e. if I pick Forename, his Last name, phone number, employee id etc etc should be populated in the other columns. How can I achieve this?

3 Replies

@AmithKumar 
Have you looked into creating a Flow to populate the other fields?  It should be fairly simple, but you'll want to watch out for creating an update loop.

@nulloremptyI know i can use Flow which is much easier but Power Automation is yet to enable for us...but can't wait to create this list until then. 

@AmithKumar 
Add a text field to your list, then set the JSON formatting as follows:

{
   "$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/column-formatting.schema.json",
   "elmType": "div",
   "txtContent": "[$person.email]"
}

I created a list, then added a People/Group column titled person.
After that, I created a text column titled personEmail and set the JSON formatting to what's displayed above.

NOTE
This is for displaying values only and the items will not appear in the edit menu and will not be available to copy/paste.