Want to open a form from a link in a freely-selected place (not from the link within a list)

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create the process described below:

Question About Forms.png

1. The user clicks a specific link placed in a page or subsite (I'm using SPS2013)

2. Clicking the link opens up a form (doesn't have to be an InfoPath form, if there are easier or better options it will be great to know them)

3. The user fills the form and at the end clicks a specific button (save or send or something like that)

4. Then, the form closes, the data input in the form goes to a custom list within the same SPS2013 site, and an e-mail is sent to the predetermined people. That's all.

I hope my question is clear.

I am fairly new to SharePoint and any guidance will be truly appreciated. Especially if it is an easy to implement alternative.

Thanks

Jim

4 Replies
Are you asking how to achieve this of if this is something possible to achieve? Of course, you can do this in SP 2013, but the question here is if you want to make it with almost no development or development is possible here

You can embed a link on the home page with an image to open up the New form for out of the box List.

You can customize the form using stratus forms which is free to use and works well. There is an alert on the List to let the specified users get an email when new items are added.
The All Employees Security Group can be given Contribute rights to this List to allow them to
submit  requests.

When users click on image use helper javascript files like sjh.js to open the form as a modal popup for users to submit requests

@Juan Carlos González Martín Sorry for the late response. Between having more or less development, the first answer would be, the less development, the better. But on the other hand, I really want to learn how to use, for example, the REST APIs SharePoint provides, so I can do further implementations myself when it becomes necessary. I just don't know how to start, how to implement development in the first place...

For this case, I am imagining doing something like this:

1. Create a form in html (the form will be a request form for documentation)

2. Use REST API to get the data input in the form when someone fills it and hits the send button (or something like that)  and to add these data to a specific list in my SP2013 site

3. Create a workflow to alert the related people when an new item is added to the list

I believe that step 1 consists just in creating an absolutely normal <form> in html. 

Also, step 3 using an absolutely normal alert workflow in SPD.

My problem is how to implement step 2. I found some code examples but sincerely, I just don't know how to work with them...

If you could give me any help with this, it would be really great!

Thank you very much in advance.  

@Deleted Thank you for the answer and sorry for the late response (somehow I wasn't able for a while to find my own question so I thought it wasn't even posted here).

Thanks for the StratusForms information. I didn't knew that. I am going to download and try them, as you have suggested. I am glad to having a new option to work with custom forms besides InfoPath (which is the only way I found to this moment to implement what I wanted to do). 

Thank you very much.