SOLVED

Visitors can't see photos on my SharePoint site

Copper Contributor

Hi,

When I create a SharePoint site and pages, people I share it with, can't see the photos I post on my page. It keeps reporting errors. Either I post the in a gallery or if I post only one photo, it wouldn't load for anyone except for owners or people with full access to the page. But obviously I do not like the idea, that if I want to show the contents of a page to someone I have to give the full access, I would like for then just to be viewers and to be able to download certain documents. 

Am I doing something wrong? I didn't find the answers to that anywhere else so I'm asking you to help me out.

Thank you.

6 Replies
Are the photos published or in a draft status?

I uploaded the photos to the site and then published the site itself. Was I supposed to publish photos separately and if yes, where / how can I do that? @Juan Carlos González Martín 

best response confirmed by pplevnik (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pplevnik 

Is permission inheritance broken on the library where you uploaded the photos?

Make sure visitors have at least Read permissions on the photos & document library where you uploaded the photos.

You can check the library permissions from Library settings --> Permissions for this document library 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you, I figured what the problem was. I was supposed to set the permissions in two separate places and now it works.

Thank you for all of your advices.

@pplevnik Where were the 2 locations that you changed the permissions?  I am having the same issue.

@Lisa_Murray You can check the user permissions at site level or list/library level or individual file/item/page level:

1. Check site level permissions at URL like: <siteUrl>/_layouts/15/user.aspx
  2. You can check the list/library permissions from List/Library settings --> Permissions for this list/document library 
  3. Item/Page/File level: ganeshsanap_0-1693372970321.png

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pplevnik (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@pplevnik 

Is permission inheritance broken on the library where you uploaded the photos?

Make sure visitors have at least Read permissions on the photos & document library where you uploaded the photos.

You can check the library permissions from Library settings --> Permissions for this document library 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post