SOLVED

Views not working on copied list

Copper Contributor

I have a list in a SharePoint 365 site; it is set to classic experience and has several public views created. When I copy the list (either in the same site or a different SP365 site), it creates the copy with default experience and only the original All Items view works - none of the custom views work.  They are there but when selected an empty browser page is presented.  When I change the list to use classic, the views still do not work. I end up deleting the views and recreating them - then they work!  Any ideas why the views don't work when the list is copied?

3 Replies
I should indicate that it is the Sharepoint site is tied to my Teams site and I am an Owner on both. I've tried creating the list from both Teams and SharePoint with the same results.
best response confirmed by erikaallen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@erikaallen 

I met the same problem and had to do same work-around. Just optimizing a bit: In list settings,  created <newView> based on <old View>, then deleted <oldView>, and renamed <newView> to <oldView>.

@bsarman, if I could like your answer a hundred times then I would! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I tried your steps and they work perfectly. Thank you again!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by erikaallen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@erikaallen 

I met the same problem and had to do same work-around. Just optimizing a bit: In list settings,  created <newView> based on <old View>, then deleted <oldView>, and renamed <newView> to <oldView>.

View solution in original post