Views in large libraries 5000 item limit

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a question regarding large libraries in Sharepoint online.  I have a library with more the 60 thousand items.  After experiencing and searching for answers to make the views work I found out that moving some of the documents to another library and creating indexing before the library would reach 5000 items would solve the problem.    Also the predictive indexing should be working when documents are less than 19.999.  So after creating indexes in a library under 5000 I moved more documents to the library so it is now around 14,000.  However after that, none of the views are working.  The 5000 limit error always appears.  I have than tried deleting the documents and getting back to around 3000 and allowing predictive indexing create automatically indexes, that are showing in the list of indexes.   

The views are showing and working ok, but as soon as returning more documents up to 14000 the error is back !   Has someone found a solution to make this work? 

This document library has a lot of folders and subfolders so the views must show items without folders.  

5 Replies

Are you using a classic view or the modern?

I am using Modern SP 

mm that is strange as it now works with batches. Maybe you need to create a support call

Hi @Deleted. Did you get an answer from Microsoft on this? Did you get to solve this issue?

Thanks

I found what was the problem for us. We had set a count in the Totals section when we had set up the view before Modern UI. Simply removing it solved the problem! :)