SOLVED

Viewing SharePoint Site Access Requests as Global Admin

Brass Contributor

I am new to the O365 Global Admin role and I am wondering if there is a way in the SharePoint Admin Center (or elsewhere) for me to view all outstanding SharePoint site access requests across the entire tenant. At this time all that I can do is go to individual SharePoint sites and view requests for the sites that I have "Full Control" permissions to. If I have "Read Only" access or no access at all, I am unable to see outstanding site requests. 

I am hearing from some of our users that they have requested access to sites and have received no reply from the Site Owners. I want to verify that the requests have been made and also use my findings for training the Site Owners. I would also like to approve the users that truly require site access in the meantime of creating the training. 

Is there a way in the SharePoint Admin Center (or elsewhere) for me to view all outstanding SharePoint site access requests across the entire tenant?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Dayna...There is not a way to view all the site requests in all site collections across the tenant.  PowerShell would be you're best approach.  Here is a "starter" script using REST that might help get you going.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-SharePoint-Server-9d30adff

Thanks for the reply, Steve. I should have been more clear that this is for SharePoint Online. Does the same PowerShell script work for the online version? The title on that page says "Get SharePoint Server 2013/2016 Access Requests with REST API". 

I haven't tested it but typically if it works in SP 2013/2016 it will work in SPO...especially for features that have been around a while.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Dayna...There is not a way to view all the site requests in all site collections across the tenant.  PowerShell would be you're best approach.  Here is a "starter" script using REST that might help get you going.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-SharePoint-Server-9d30adff

View solution in original post