SOLVED

Vertical Sections on SharePoint pages

Copper Contributor

In the August 2019 update post, it says that modern pages can now have vertical sections. I don't see the option to add a vertical section or any documentation on it. Has anyone figured it out? If it has to be a home site, the wording of the post should be adjusted.

7 Replies
It's coming and it's part of the so called Home Sites...however I believe that this vertical sections could only be available at site homes pagers...by the way, we can only wait until Home Sites are released
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Kaylee Goss I had a preview at SPC19 but I don't see it yet in any of my tenants. It can be added to any modern page - it does not have to be a home page or a home site. Here's the roadmap link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?rtc=2&filters=&searchterms=vertical%2Csection

@Kaylee Goss Yes, Vertical Sections are rolling out now, there in my tenant and other people have reported getting them too, hopefully, you'll see them soon!

SP vertical section.png

Here is the support article that talks about them - Add sections and columns on a page.

I have them available in at least 2 tenants now - in Team sites and Communication sites.

@Kaylee Goss We're a small regular tenant of 250 people, and vertical sections just showed up this afternoon on our SharePoint pages.

@Kaylee Goss   do we have Vertical Section layout or Home page for SP 2019 team or communication site if not then how we can enable for SharePoint 2019

@Kaylee Goss I couldn't tell if you were asking about SharePoint Online or SP2019.  Since modern pages were added to SP2019, does anyone know if vertical sections can be enabled in SP2019 also?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Kaylee Goss I had a preview at SPC19 but I don't see it yet in any of my tenants. It can be added to any modern page - it does not have to be a home page or a home site. Here's the roadmap link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?rtc=2&filters=&searchterms=vertical%2Csection

View solution in original post