SOLVED

Validation settings menu option missing in list

Copper Contributor

Hello:

I have created a list on microsoft lists. I need to set validation settings of that list.

When I access to Configuration section of list the Validation Settings option not appears.

I am SharePoint administrator but I don't know which is the way to enable it.

Anyone knows?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by francescjp (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@francescjp Not sure why you are unable to see the validation settings on SharePoint UI. Try using URL in below format to access the validation settings: 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/siteName/_layouts/15/VldSetng.aspx?List=%7BEB64E73F%2D3E08%2D442D%2D952D%2D4707BD10A415%7D

Everything after ?List is GUID of the list, you can get it from List settings/configuration page URL (at the end)

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hello @ganeshsanap:
I tried this two days ago. The columns in insert column section are different from list. There are fields missing. All the views in list contains much more fileds. If I try to use other fields that not appears in this section, formula fails. I don't know why this happens.
Thank you very much for your help.
Hello:
I have realised that only normal fields appaears in validation setting column list. Thank you very much.

@francescjp This is a known limitation of SharePoint. Columns of the following data types can be referenced in a formula:

• Single line of text
  • Number
  • Currency
  • Date and time
  • Choice (single selection)
  • Yes/No
  • Calculated

Please consider giving a Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by francescjp (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@francescjp Not sure why you are unable to see the validation settings on SharePoint UI. Try using URL in below format to access the validation settings: 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/siteName/_layouts/15/VldSetng.aspx?List=%7BEB64E73F%2D3E08%2D442D%2D952D%2D4707BD10A415%7D

Everything after ?List is GUID of the list, you can get it from List settings/configuration page URL (at the end)

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post