SOLVED

validation date/time fails due to what???

Brass Contributor

Hi guys:)

Quick and short question: got this date /time column with time and when i update it using my webpart it works nicely, but when user updates data using sharepoint form it fails

take notice to the period colon --> 00.:00  

the dropdown provides format 01.30 (using period), but that fails - if i manually enter 01:30 (using colon) it updates

Why is this happening? tips and help appreciated

datevalidation.png

6 Replies
Lento: First say Hello, then pls give more info. Is that column calculated? Greets, Eva

Also same Language (Land / Region)?

Hi jens, strange thing is that when i create a site in let say norwegian this happens, but when i then change regional settings to english then it works...
If i create the site in english then everything works as expected.

My thinking is that either way it should work.

O
Hi Eva, the column is an ordinairy date column with time.

O
Hi Ole! I think it’s because of JavaScript. Go create a PowerApp on that instead of the default Form, while you can use some formulas like FormatDateTime(utcNow(), „hh.nn“) for your Time fields and all other fields in your app. It’s much easier und it’s the future. Greets, Eva :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:
best response confirmed by Ole Bergtun (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi, i don't have a fix - but a work around.

This works correct when i change the regional settings to english in such a way that the user was abel to alter or insert date and time without the validation stopping the update/insert.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ole Bergtun (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi, i don't have a fix - but a work around.

This works correct when i change the regional settings to english in such a way that the user was abel to alter or insert date and time without the validation stopping the update/insert.

View solution in original post