Using sharepoint to store and analyse employee training records

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

We currently have a sharepoint document library site that we store employee training records (competencies) which has been extremely useful.

I'm now trying to workout a way that we might be able to use this site to further manage the records, i.e each employee has a role and these roles are made up of competencies, we need to be able to flag which employees are missing competencies for their specific role.

Is this something that can be done using sharepoint or another product i.e. Powerautomate, Powerapps or PowerBI ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

@scottfosI think the best option will be to use PowerApp for this use case though you could manage a few of them through Liberty Validation and advance setting, to apply some custom view and indexing as mention, the best and simple way will be to get used of the PowerApps as your hand is free when it comes to customization.

@scottfos a couple of SharePoint lists, one for Competencies and one for Employee data with the competencies they have, with a Power Apps app as your form with both lists as the data source is certainly do-able and is the route I would recommend you investigate.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@scottfos Hi Scott, would you mind sharing details of what you are using and how you have set up your employee competencies? I'm looking into building something similar for our employees and for subcontractor teams too, but seem to be struggling to find the right app?

Any insight would be appreciated,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Yes i was able to build an app using a combination of powerapps, powerautomate & sharepoint,

It took me quite a while to work it out but basically using sharepoint I created lists that defined the required competencies for each role then powerautomate would look at the competencies held by each employee and then create a list item that would tell me how qualified for the role the employee was and what competencies are missing. Then i used powerapps to display the information.