SOLVED

Using a Calculated Value for a Date/Time Column in SP List

Copper Contributor

Hello SP Community,

I'm trying to create a date/time column in a SP list using a calculated value. I would like to create an "Expiration Date" column (calculated value) by adding 3 months to "Date of Recognition" (date/time column in same list)

RLUGO_0-1661779327340.png

This is what I have tried:

=DATE(YEAR([Column4]),MONTH([Column4])+[Column10],DAY([Column4]))

Where: 

- Column 4 = Date of Recognition

- Column 10 = Months Available (default value = 3)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

8 Replies
best response confirmed by RLUGO (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RLUGO I can't see anything wrong with your formula; this worked for me:

=DATE(YEAR([Insurance Expiry Date]),MONTH([Insurance Expiry Date])+Months,DAY([Insurance Expiry Date]))

month+3.png

So what result are you getting?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Hi @RobElliott

This is the error message I receive when attempting to enter the formula.

RLUGO_0-1661805144451.png

Thank you!

@RLUGO no, it needs to be a calculated column. It won't work in the way you have done it with a date/time column.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

I understand now. Thank you for your help!

@RLUGO 

Similar threadFormula does not work for SharePoint/Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@RobElliott I'm looking to do something similar but I would like to create a reminder 1 week before the three months+ date. If i make it a calculated column though it doesn't show up as an option when I try to set the reminder in Automate. Anyway I can do it in a date column?  

@mfyshe I'm also very interested in how to use a calculated date column in power automate. Did you find a solution? Thank you!

@RobElliott This won't seem to work if the additional months make it greater than 12 though.  

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RLUGO (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RLUGO I can't see anything wrong with your formula; this worked for me:

=DATE(YEAR([Insurance Expiry Date]),MONTH([Insurance Expiry Date])+Months,DAY([Insurance Expiry Date]))

month+3.png

So what result are you getting?

Rob
Los Gallardos

View solution in original post