Users create news post based on a button

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if someone know how it is possible to have a news webpart and a button downunder. This should make it possible for users to create a news post by clicking on the button and then be able to create a new post and choose some categories, if it is an update, status or something else. 

4 Replies

@JHS2020 there is already the button in the news web part to add a new News post:

createNewsLink.png

But if you want a more visible button you can add one and make the link as follows:

https://[YourDomain].sharepoint.com/sites/[YourSite]/_layouts/15/CreateSitePage.aspx?source=%2Fsites%2F[YourSite]%2FSitePages%2FHome.aspx&promotedState=1&Mode=Edit

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User 

@RobElliott 

@Rob Elliott  I know that function. 

What I mean is having a section for news, where users can add a message to that news part. So they will not have permission for the rest of the page. 
Like I am showing here, when a user press the button they should be able to make a news post. 
SP.JPG

So I wish that when they push the add a message button, they get this:

SP2.JPG

Where the red show be categories that they can choose, and then make the news post that will show in the news section. 

@JHS2020 that's not possible yet.

@RobElliott It is, I have heard about some companies who does it. But I don't know if it is coded by themselves.