User Permissions missing from Site Settings although I have access

Copper Contributor

hi all

The user and permissions tab is missing from Site settings although we have access to it ( we just have to navigate by links). 

This is not a deal breaker for us so we can use it like this but I am just wondering why on earth this is happening?

if you have any ideas on how to fix this please share

thanks

Cristian 

3 Replies

@Cristian Duca 

i have the same problem

did you solve this ?

@robert_robert,

No. Its still not showing up although I am added as a Site (Collection ) admin. 

I have access to it but you need to know the path ( should be like the below 

https://yoursharepoint.sharepoint.com/teams/Site name/_layouts/15/groups.aspx

Internal sharepoint team didn't know, MS Sharepoint didn't know or they didnt care.

The Modern Team sites provide a collaboration environment for your teams and projects. Each team site, by default, is part of a Microsoft 365 group, which includes a mailbox, shared calendar, and other collaboration tools. Team sites may also be part of a team in Microsoft Teams. Permissions for team sites are best managed through the associated Microsoft 365 group or Teams team

Team site permissions and Microsoft 365 Groups

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/modern-experience-sharing-permissions#team-site-permissi... 

By default, each SharePoint team site is part of an Microsoft 365 group. a Microsoft 365 group is a single permissions group that is associated with various Microsoft 365 services. This includes a SharePoint site, an instance of Planner, a mailbox, a shared calendar, and others.

When you add owners or members to the Microsoft 365 group, they're given access to the SharePoint site along with the other group-connected services. Group owners become site owners, and group members become site members.

It's possible to manage SharePoint site permissions separately from the Microsoft 365 group by using SharePoint groups, but we recommend against it. In such a case, group members will continue to have access to the site, but users added directly to the site won't have access to any of the group services. The exception is view-only access - Microsoft 365 groups don't have a visitors permission for view-only access, so any users you wish to have view permissions on the site must be added directly to the visitors group on the site.