User list entries cannot be seen by anyone but that user

Copper Contributor

i have a user that when they add an item to a list, they are the only user that can see the item.  This includes admins.  The items also do not go through the Automate flow.  The user gets their edit rights via a group.

8 Replies

@TMartinac Did you enable item-level permissions for this list from List settings >> Advanced settings?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I checked these settings and they are set to 'Read All Items' and 'Create and Edit All Items'

@TMartinac Strange! Is content approval settings enabled for this list?

Check list settings >> versioning settings >> Require content approval for submitted items?

Also, try with site collection administrator (SCA) account & check if you can see the list items for this user.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

This worked for me. Thank you so much.

@ganeshsanap 

i also facing the same issue, my list is shared with my team we are suppose to update it every day but two of my team people entrys are not appearing after some date,

but if they login using their credentials they are able to see up to date entry's,

For this no content approval request is enabled

Item level permission also not enabled 

Kindly help

how u r able make the entry's visible to everyone

@gowthamanwww Is there any Power automate flow running on this list which is breaking permissions on list items?

Check the permissions for list item once using ellipses (...) > Manage access > Advanced (at the bottom of manage access popup) for the items with problem. 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

We have a similiar issue with a list, where one users entries are not visible to anyone else, and it appears to be stuck in some sort of "Saving changes" loop. Even after resetting and clearing cache it reverts back to this issue after a while.