user cant log in sharepoint online however he has an authorization

Copper Contributor

I'm a admin for a site in sharepoint online 365, I give an authorisation total control for user, however he can't access to site.but he can access in other sites. he receives a error message:

Access Denied - You need permission to access this site.

Please, can you help me? For your information, we did not allow in the code part for sharepoint.

7 Replies

Hi @lina2020 ,

Click the Site Settings menu(cog) - > Site Permissions - > Advanced Permissions - > Check Permissions. 

Enter the users name - see what permission groups they are part of. If the link is correct the permissions will be wrong. 

Andy

Hello@Andrew Hodges 

I check the authorization but the problem is always the same, by the way the user does not belong to any group. he is authorized directly to the site.

Hi @lina2020 ,

If Check permissions say they have full control to the site then maybe check the link they are using. If the link is not to the URL of the site and is created by the copy  or share link this can sometimes give issues. 

I assume the user is an internal user and not external? 

Andy

Hi@Andrew Hodges 

I sent him the URL, but he can't connected to the site.

yes, he an internal user.

Hi @lina2020 ,

So the only other scenario I can think of is that he is trying to login with a different account or for some reason there are 2 accounts in Azure AD and the one you have added to the site is not the one he is logging in with. 

I get this sometimes if there are 2 users with the same name or a user has an old or admin account.

Andy

Hello@Andrew Hodges

I think, if he has 2 accounts; when  i chek the name in the page permmisions i should found two name for the same user but i found only one.

for be sure, i delete the user and i give the autorization in 2 sites (the old site and other one),so he can connected in the other site but he still can't connected in the old.

Hi @lina2020 

Just to clarify you need to check the site permissions, you probably have but just wanted to check as you mention page permissions. You would only see the one user in the check permissions even if 2 accounts existed as you have only added one. 

My best advice is to assume the permissions work and try and troubleshoot on that basis, because we know they do and go from there. I would suggest you have a screen share with the user as that usually shows what they are up to, if you haven't already. 

Beyond that, if you are still stuck log a ticket with Microsoft from the Admin portal as they are able to view you desktop remotely and sort out issues. 

Andy