SOLVED

Use lookup value in column formatting.

Copper Contributor

Hi community

I have format of the column Accept docs like below:

{
  "$schema": "https: //developer.microsoft.com/en-us/json-schemas/sp/column-formatting.schema.json",
  "elmType": "span",
  "children": [
    {
      "elmType": "span",
      "txtContent": "=if(@currentField == true, 'Yes', if(@currentField == false, 'No', ''))"
    },
    {
      "elmType": "button",
      "txtContent": "Accept",
      "customRowAction": {
        "action": "executeFlow",
        "actionParams": "{\"id\": \"\"}"
      },
      "style": {
        "border": "none",
        "background-color": "#2ca1e8",
        "color": "white",
        "visibility": "=if([$Country.lookupValue] == 'India', 'hidden',  'visible')",
        "padding": "0 15%",
        "display": "flex",
        "margin-left": "10%",
        "cursor": "pointer"
      }
    }
  ]

Country is a column with Lookup type.
I want to set visibility value depends on Country lookup value.

I tried this simple if condition,. but it is not work for me.
Any suggestions?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by avytrykh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@avytrykh you've got an elm type of span AND an elm type of button both operating on the same item. That's the main cause of your problem; I would remove that span with the if currentfield txtcontent. The following will work (change flow ID and the column name to yours):

{
  "$schema": "https: //developer.microsoft.com/en-us/json-schemas/sp/column-formatting.schema.json",
        "actionParams": "{\"id\":\"0eb7e84b-4158-47b0-b19e-aff0aa26af3d\", \"headerText\":\"Sign Off\",\"runFlowButtonText\":\"Request Sign Off\"}"
  },
        "visibility": "=if([$Project.lookupValue] == 'G-HERC', 'visible',  'hidden')"

}
    }

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks, it is works!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by avytrykh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@avytrykh you've got an elm type of span AND an elm type of button both operating on the same item. That's the main cause of your problem; I would remove that span with the if currentfield txtcontent. The following will work (change flow ID and the column name to yours):

{
        "actionParams": "{\"id\":\"0eb7e84b-4158-47b0-b19e-aff0aa26af3d\", \"headerText\":\"Sign Off\",\"runFlowButtonText\":\"Request Sign Off\"}"
  },
        "visibility": "=if([$Project.lookupValue] == 'G-HERC', 'visible',  'hidden')"

}
    }

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post