Use custom setup on several document libraries

Brass Contributor

Hi,

hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have a document library for a project where I've added several columns. I would now like to use this for several other document libraries I'm about to create and was wondering if I can somehow copy this to these new libraries instead of manually creating the columns in every library.

Would appreciate any help.

5 Replies
If you set them up as Site Columns instead of Library Columns, you can use in multiple libraries within the same site.
Thanks, Sunny :) Will this make the columns automatically appear in all the libraries I create?
In library settings, click add column from existing site columns to each library. You can also save your existing library as a template and reuse. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/save-download-and-upload-a-shar...

@SunnyDVDB When I go into the column settings, the custom column that I want to appear in multiple libraries isn't there. I have a large list of 'available site columns' but not the column that I want. Is it possible to use a custom-built column already loaded with many choices, in another library?

@Gretch24 under all of your columns there should be a link to add existing site columns. If you created site columns and not library columns, you should be able to find them there.