SOLVED

URGENT! SharePoint Migration Tool Error: "Package Engine has stopped because Azure queue failed"

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate some files from a local drive to OneDrive for Business and I keep getting this error. I have tried it with different folders as well.

It's quite urgent as I need to have these migrated by tonight!

Screenshot attached below in this post.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks

10 Replies

Unfortunately there is no much you can do here...the tool is a free tool provided by Microsoft that is being improved from the Team since the initial release. What I recommend here is to open a support ticket because it might happen that something in the SPO migration componentes is not right. I will add also here @Simon Bourdages

Those are some pretty large files there considering 24 files in 19GB's. Your not talking alot of files there, so why not try to just do a manual move of those files locally and upload them direct to the location?

You might be hitting a file size limit with the migration tool, even thou I don't know what that is, but just a gut feeling, that or file naming issue. I'd just manually try to get them moved if it's that urgent then trying to figure out what's wrong with the tool for 24 files. 

Haneef, If you cannot resolve the problem with the MS Migration Tool then you may wish to use Migration Manager. It uses chunked upload for large files. The latest version supports OneDrive for Business. The trial version (15 days) should allow you to upload the files without any costs. Paul | SLIM Applications

You can also try other file migration or synchronization tools that are able to stream large files from local file shares to OneDrive for Business, such as the Layer2 Cloud Connector.

Hi Haneef

you try to execute an assessment before start migration?

Use settings show in attachment.

Marco

I've used this tool before to upload like 250GB,it was seamless.

That 19GB was just a test. I've actually got like 1TB of content to be uploaded.

Yes, that's all fine. No issues there.

This issue seems to be with communicating with Azure Storage, as the SharePoint Migration API uploads to an Azure Storage BLOB Container and uses Azure Storage Queue to submit the job over to SharePoint Online.
Office 365 support tried a few google searches and returned saying that this is a 3rd party app! Lol

Even though, it was officially announced by Office:
https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/introducing-the-sharepoint-migration-tool-9c38f5df-300b-4ad...

Is there anyway to contact the developers of the app?

Seems to be a bug on their end.
best response confirmed by Haneef Ibn Ahmad (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the responses.

Finally managed to sort it out the other day. Seems to be an issue with the tenant. This worked fine with other tenants.

So, the fix:
1) Create an Azure Storage account in your Azure account. Ensure that the storage is in the same region as your SharePoint tenant. (NOTE: Azure Storage accounts created in this method incurs charges)
2) Get the account name and key for the Azure Storage.
3) In SPMT, once the source and destination for the migration are added. Click on the fly wheel/settings icon.
4) Enable Custom Azure Storage, enable encryption.
5) Enter the Azure account name and key.
6) Apply the settings and start migration.

Once the migration is done, delete the Azure Storage account after ~ a week. Otherwise, you'll keep incurring charges for some encrypted data.

Hope this helps. And I hope the SPMT developers fix this issue.

@Haneef Ibn Ahmad - Saw this in another forum (for others who may be reading this thread)- make sure the URL that needs to be white listed (or bypass proxy entirely) is *.blob.core.windows.net

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Haneef Ibn Ahmad (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the responses.

Finally managed to sort it out the other day. Seems to be an issue with the tenant. This worked fine with other tenants.

So, the fix:
1) Create an Azure Storage account in your Azure account. Ensure that the storage is in the same region as your SharePoint tenant. (NOTE: Azure Storage accounts created in this method incurs charges)
2) Get the account name and key for the Azure Storage.
3) In SPMT, once the source and destination for the migration are added. Click on the fly wheel/settings icon.
4) Enable Custom Azure Storage, enable encryption.
5) Enter the Azure account name and key.
6) Apply the settings and start migration.

Once the migration is done, delete the Azure Storage account after ~ a week. Otherwise, you'll keep incurring charges for some encrypted data.

Hope this helps. And I hope the SPMT developers fix this issue.

View solution in original post