SOLVED

Updating SharePoint document properties in Word is been broken for more than a week...

Steel Contributor

Is anyone having issues when word is trying to display custom properties in the SharePoint properties add-on (only exists in Word)? For me it's been completly broken for more than a week (it restarts word)? It crashes when it tries to display custom properties from SharePoint (Other than existing Office properties like Title, author, comments).

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Martin Coupal (Steel Contributor)
Solution

UPDATE (2020-06-09)

An Office update, that was applied this morning, fixed the crashing issue. However, there are other issues with this panel but I consider this as resolved since it is not crashing....

@Martin Coupal 

I was having this issue today (6/15). I ran the Office Update from Word -> Account -> Office Updates -> Update Now and after the updates were installed that seemed to resolve the issue. I hope this works for you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Martin Coupal (Steel Contributor)
Solution

UPDATE (2020-06-09)

An Office update, that was applied this morning, fixed the crashing issue. However, there are other issues with this panel but I consider this as resolved since it is not crashing....

View solution in original post