Updating classic SP team site home pages to the modern template

Brass Contributor

I have run the SP Modernization Scanner and have some questions about the results.  First, is the classic to team template push only pushing changes on Site Collections, or will it have an affect on sub-sites too?  The scanner results from Modernization Site Scan Results csv file has a column titled 'WebTemplate'.  It displays the template for each Site Collection, so are the site collections with the 'STS#0' template the only classic sites that will be affected by the push from MS?  Will it migrate my tenant root site if that uses the 'STS#0' template on a classic team site?

I can't find very good documentation about these issues, and would hope that MS will give a 'yes' or a 'no' answer in the scanner results for migration from a classic SP team site home page to the modern template.

Thanks, and I wonder if others are having multio

2 Replies
If you are talking about the message in the message center about modernization of the home page on not customized classic sites (#STS0), what is going to happen is not a migration or a template change, just a modern page it's going to be added to each site that meets the requirements and configured as home page of those sites

@Juan Carlos González Martín  thanks for your response.  Does this addition of a modern page include sub-sites, or just site collections?  Also I think I can assume that my tenant root site will not have a new modern page added as it has the publishing feature enabled and is the TenantRootSite?

Thanks again for your assistance.