SOLVED

Updating a list date column

Brass Contributor

I am using an issue tracking list on my sharepoint site - I need to be able to update the resolved date when the status changes to resolved.

8 Replies

@rbutgins21 You can do in multiple ways and easier option using MS Flow or SharePoint Workflow on updates of the list item check if the status equals to resolved then set then set the resolved date column to today's date. Just make sure you set the date once to that use a additional column something like resolved date updated =Yes. This helps you to prevent updating this column any further updates to the column.

Let you have three columns and status is In Progress.

Status         | Resolved Date | Resolved Date Updated

In Progress | EMPTY             | NO

------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the status is changed to resolved

Status         | Resolved Date | Resolved Date Updated

In Progress | Today's Date   | YES

So when you are checking the logic make sure check Resolved Date is empty and Resolved Date Updated==No to make the logic error proof.

Hope this helps.

That is similar to what I was trying, I have attached a couple of screen shots of my flow, am I going down the correct path? 

MSFlow1.PNG

MSFlow.PNG

  

@Vikram_Samal 

I have my flow working, just not sure how to load the current date into the Resolved Date list column using and update item action.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

rbutgins21_0-1588796260122.png

@rbutgins21 You need to declare a variable and set the value in that something like this:

Vikram_Samal_0-1588805844423.png

the Expression you need to set is : 

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

then set the variable value in the field in update item or your action:

2020-05-06_1559.png

Hope this helps and please mark the response as answer if it resolves your problem

Something like this?

rbutgins21_0-1588863030276.png

@rbutgins21 The first part is correct not the second part. After the first part in variable "ResolveDate" today's date is there, now when updating the list item set the 'Resolved Date' field value with this variable.

Vikram_Samal_0-1588869548445.png

Hope this helps and mark the response appropriately if it helps in this. 

best response confirmed by rbutgins21 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Got it, thanks!

Thanks for your help Vikram_Samal!!

I marked the wrong message as the best response, couldn't have done it without you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rbutgins21 (Brass Contributor)
Solution