Update List library Column using MS Flow

Brass Contributor

I have list library with Column Status, and i want to update another column Status_archive with value same as status whenever new item added in list library or modified existing list library item using MS Flow..

I found steps :-which is specific to list items ,"when an item is created or modified"

but not able to find any action in MS flow for "list library item created or Modified"

how i can trigger any action when library item created or modified using MS flow?

5 Replies

This is XML form library with status column and status_archive column and i want to copy value from status column to status_archive column whenever new item added or existing item modified

@rautchetan27 

This is XML form library with status column and status_archive column and i want to copy value from status column to status_archive column whenever new item added or existing item modified

@rautchetan27 a couple of options for libraries:

1) you can use the When an item is created or modified trigger but it won't show you the library in the dropdown, you need to click on "Enter custom value" then type in the name of your library. It will find it with no problem and will add in the columns from the library.

2) or you can use the When a file is created or modified (properties only) trigger.

(PS:  there's no such thing as a list library in SharePoint, you have lists and you have libraries).

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

I am getting message "No dynamic content available", please find attachement

if i want to assigned value from Choice column , do i need to use ColumnName value?

@rautchetan27 could you post a screenshot of the complete flow?

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User