Undocumented Site Collection Feature

Silver Contributor

I created a new Site Collection in SPO using the Team site template. It includes a Site Collection Feature called "Review", the description is "Enable the definition and declaration of review."

It is not included in the "official" list of features at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-or-disable-site-collection-features-617CAC22-455A-47....

Are other people seeing this?

Does anyone know what it is for?

@Chris McNulty or @Bill Baer

5 Replies

Hi @Dean Gross,

I've had a look into this.

The review feature  creates a Review Items list. It also sets the list as the welcome page (which is a bit annoying)

For the rest there isn't anything that is added by this feature.

I then had a look through the other site collection templates and there is a new template Review Center. I wonder if the Review featuree should have been kept hidden as it should only be used by the Review  Center.

Hi Pieter,

a customer of my switch this feature on..... do you know how I can safely remove the list?

Or is the only way hard delete bij SPD or sitemanager.aspx?

With kind regeards,

Rob

@Rob Rijlaarsdam Did any of you figure out how to delete this Review Items list? List settings does not have the "Delete this list" option. Thanks

@Rajiv Chokshi PnP is failing to delete as well. :(

Remove-PnPList -Identity $ListName -Force

Remove-PnPList : This list cannot be deleted.

At line:1 char:1

+ Remove-PnPList -Identity $ListName -Force

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (:) [Remove-PnPList], ServerException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : EXCEPTION,SharePointPnP.PowerShell.Commands.Lists.RemoveList