Unable to modify Global Navigation

Copper Contributor

Note: I have already submitted a ticket to Microsoft about this issue. Seems to be a bug. They have escalated to an SME and now it’s a waiting game. I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issue.

I am attempting to update a site Global Navigation to Structural Navigation and display the subsites.

SPe1.png

Once the selections are check and I click save I get a message that I do not have access to this page.

SPe2.png

I’ve checked, and Microsoft has checked. I do have the proper access in place.  

Has anyone else experienced this?

9 Replies
Out of curiosity: what type of site template is based your site on?

And are you already using the modern site?

OOTB Team Site Template

That is correct Paul

I have seen that navigation works a little different there depending on the features you activated.

It could be that it is only available correctly at the front end with the edit buttons.

I've used the edit buttons as a workaround. However, it is definitely a bug. I reproduced it on my clients tenant and the same error occurred. I submitted the issue to support and they are looking into it.

It is indeed. But i guess they want to get this backend out of the way eventually

Hi Jannie,

I am able to reproduce this issue on a brand new E3 tenant for modern team site. I was able to access "Navigation Settings" page by activating publishing features.

An additional behavior I have noticed is even though I get access denied the changes made to structure navigation are being reflected. However, I am not able to set the navigation to Metadata and it sticks to structure one all the time.

Have you received any feedback from MS Team for a ticket you raised?

Thank you for sharing...

Hi,

Any update on this?  We are seeing the same behavior in our tenant.