Unable to copy/paste from Word or Google Doc to Text web part on modern pages

Copper Contributor

Several weeks ago we noticed that we were no longer able to copy/paste text from Google Docs or MS Word to Text web part on any modern pages (Site pages or News pages) on our SharePoint sites in O365. We were able to do it before without any problems. We are able to copy/paste any unformatted text (like from Notepad).

Have anybody noticed the same issue? Any ideas why this happened and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Erika

3 Replies

@Erika Kleinova 

Hello, I just tested, and I am able to copy and paste from Word and Google Docs, try to change your browser and see if there is any difference?

Hi @Alireza Rahimifarid ! Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. We tried all different browsers with the same result. We can't copy/paste formatted text, only unformatted text. I just don't understand what could cause this issue. Text web part indicates that it's trying to paste but it never finishes the process.

sp-copy-paste-problem.png

Same issue here. The only way I've found around it is to paste as text using Cmd+Shift+V. But then you have to reformat everything line by line...