SOLVED

Unable to change Search Placeholdertext in SharePoint Online

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

I'm trying to change the default text "Search in Sharepoint" to a different text in SP Online Search box. I'm using PnP script to perform the task but the command doesn't work in my tenant. Any idea?

Example: Set-PnPSearchSettings -SearchBoxPlaceholderText "Search in Portal"

Error: Set-PnPSearchSettings : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'SearchBoxPlaceholderText'.

Please advice!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by bgrede (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Per the documentation of the cmdlet, the parameter is there but it's not properly document so I suspect that it might be not operational and that's the reason you are having that error

Hi @Juan Carlos González Martín , Probably that might be the reason. I tried other parameters for SPSearchSettings which are working fine. Hope it's operational soon. 

@bgrede I can use  Set-PnPSearchSettings -SearchBoxPlaceholderText "Search in Portal" cmdlet without any problem.

Also, it is working as expected, see output below:

ganeshsanap_0-1624000271482.png

Solution: I think you are using an old version of PnP PowerShell. Update PnP PowerShell modules as given in below documentations & then try above command:

1. Installing PnP PowerShell 

You can find the detailed steps at: SharePoint Online: How to change the placeholder text in the search box

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Yup. You're right. I was running a legacy version of PnP Powershell. I was able to execute the command after updating. Thank you!

@bgrede Great, glad it worked for you. Please Mark as Best Response on my above post so that it will help others in future to find the correct answer easily. Thank you!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bgrede (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Per the documentation of the cmdlet, the parameter is there but it's not properly document so I suspect that it might be not operational and that's the reason you are having that error

View solution in original post