Unable to activate 'content organizer' - "dependency on hidden site collection scoped feature"?

Iron Contributor

I've recently been playing around with some of SharePoint's features and one which I'd like to try out is the use of drop-off libraries.

From what I've read online it seems you need to enable 'content organizer' in site features to be able to use this. However, whenever I click 'activate' I am receiving the following error:

The Site scoped feature being activated has a dependency on hidden Site Collection scoped feature 'FeatureDefinition/15/0c8a9a47-22a9-4798-82f1-00e62a96006e' (ID: '0c8a9a47-22a9-4798-82f1-00e62a96006e'). Hidden features cannot be auto-activated across scopes. There may be one or more visible Site Collection scoped features that auto-activate the dependent hidden feature.

Does anybody know how to get around this? Any help would be most appreciated!

5 Replies

@Toby McDaid , This needs SharePoint publishing feature  activated. You may need to wait for a couple of minutes before activating Content Organizer.

I just bumped into this in Office 365.

There is no need to force activate any hidden features.

The Content Organizer feature fails to activate due to dependencies with other features.

Ensure these features are activated and then content organizer should activate without issues.

**SharePoint Server Standard Site Collection features**

**SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features**

Thank you, @Toby McDaid!  This worked for me!  

Questions:

1. Why are these features disabled by default?

2. What are all the impacts/benefits of enabling them?

3. Will they conflict with any of the Modern features, or reduce security? 

More research ahead! 

By the way:  Microsoft Support confirms today that Content Organizer daily throttling of 4000-5000 documents-moves per day has been reduced to just 500/day since end of May 2020.  We have been depending on the old limit for more than a year.  I do not yet know if this is temporary, or if it is a harbinger of bigger changes soon to come.

Nick

@t_duarte Sorry, but activating those 2 features doesn't resolve the error.