SOLVED

Twitter on a Sharepoint Communication site

Copper Contributor

I am tryinge to create a Titter feed on a Sharepoint Communication site. When I create on Twitter the widget and copy paste the code in the new embedded webpart I get the error : 

SXXI Communicatie - Introductiepagina

We only support embedding content from secure websites (their addresses start with https.) If it's important to embed content from unsecured websites, please send us feedback.

On a classic teamsite I paste the code in a editor webpart and it works.

I have read that the new embed webpart only supports code in "iframe" and I read that Twitter does not support iframe..... Has anyone a solution for this? Show a twitter feed on a communication site?

23 Replies

Hi @Sean Whyment,

That is even stranger than what I see. I was under the impression that the status "Launched" meant that we all had it available....

I am hoping for an answer as to when it will actually be available to all sites in a tenant (be that communication or other sites).

Thanks in advance :)

Ok, things are happening.

I can now see the twitter web part sometimes and other times not on my intranet. At the same time the yammer web part is invisible and then not on other sites, so I am assuming that work is in progress.

I will wait and see what happens tomorrow :)

Is the twitter webpart available in communication sites? i thought it was only for team sites that are o365 connected.

Everything I have in SharePoint is situated in the online/o365 environment. I have old sites that are migrated from 2010 on prem and new sites - both communication and other types - created directly in the o365 environment.

All different types now have the twitter web part available (yay :-D)