SOLVED

Troubleshoot Embed Web Part for Locations Bing Maps

Iron Contributor

I am trying to use the embed webpart to show maps of locations.  I'm connected to a list that has the columns of longitude and latitude and they have only numbers in them...i.e. "49.392921".  When I select one that I expect to be able to view in the embed web part, all I get is a blue box that shows bing in the bottom left hand corner and the scale -- no content showing at all.  Any idea what the problem might be.  I copied the below code directly from the Microsoft site and then connected the longitude and latitude so I was sure I was accessing the correct fields. Following is my embed code. 

<iframe width="500" height="400" src="https://www.bing.com/maps/embed?h=400&amp;w=500&amp;cp=[$Latitude]]~[$Longitude]]&amp;lvl=13&amp;typ..." frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Thank you! 

8 Replies

@Cindy Zalme  Well, wouldn't you know it!  As soon as I posted this, I saw that I had two end brackets behind my latitude and longitude.  Fixed that and -- I was optimistic as it refreshed, but no luck -- I have the same thing -- only now it is a Bing gray box.  

best response confirmed by Cindy Zalme (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Cindy Zalme the embed code I use in my connected Bing map web part works well and is as follows:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.bing.com/maps/embed?h=315&amp;w=560&amp;cp=[$Latitude]~[$Longitude]&amp;lvl=13&amp;typ=d&amp;sty=r&amp;src=SHELL&amp;FORM=MBEDV8" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

BingMap.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.

@RobElliott  Thanks so much for your quick response.  Are you using this along with a linked list web part.  That is what I'm trying to do.  My longitude and latitude columns each have only number in them as a text field. 

I pasted your code and I'm getting the same result as before.  It sounds like I may need to put in an internal ticket to see if I can get some help.  

Sharing your code was really helpful though I've still got issues -- so thanks very much- it is helping to narrow down my issues! 

@Cindy Zalme yes the list is on the page and selecting any village displays - via the 3 connected web parts - a Bing Map, a video from YourTube and a list of restaurants in the village. I built this to demonstrate connected web parts to our staff. My latitude and longitude columns in the list are single of text columns with just the numbers in:
list.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Once again,thanks! I was thinking I could not connect multiple web parts as a limitation of Modern but you've told me you can -- and of course -- not it makes sense. So, that, too, was helpful!

Thanks for enlightening and clarifying!!!

@RobElliottTo use multiple web parts, does it have to be one for one. What I mean by that is that is I select Smith company, then each webpart will show me the web part connected for Smith Company only. 

What I'd like to do is have it show me all documents for Smith Company.  I don't initially see I can do that? 

Make sense?  

@Cindy Zalme although you can filter a document library via the url using the format ../Forms/AllItems.aspx?FilterField1=ProjectType&FilterValue1=SP I've not found any way to get that to work inside the embed code of a connected web part with FilterValue1=[$Platform] for example..

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

Really appreciate your time and help!  @RobElliott 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Cindy Zalme (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Cindy Zalme the embed code I use in my connected Bing map web part works well and is as follows:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.bing.com/maps/embed?h=315&amp;w=560&amp;cp=[$Latitude]~[$Longitude]&amp;lvl=13&amp;typ=d&amp;sty=r&amp;src=SHELL&amp;FORM=MBEDV8" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

BingMap.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.

View solution in original post