SOLVED

Time only column in a SharePoint list

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a SharePoint list that tracks miles someone has done in an activity. I am looking to add a column that they can put in how long it takes them in hours and minutes.

I believe it is a time columns but may be wrong

Any ideas?

J

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Jbrines1969 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jbrines1969 

There is no "Time only" column in SharePoint. In SharePoint you can create Date and Time column which can help you to track both date and time of activity completion. Check how to create a column in below article:

Create a column in a list or library 

If you want to show the Time only in separate column then you can extract time part from date & time using calculated column and show it in list view. Check below link for more information on this:

Time only Column in Custom List 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap 

As opposed to showing a time calculated column from a date/time column, how can we create a time only column, not to show but to edit the time in a proper time format instead?

Thanks.

@Leonardo2060 There is no "Time only" column type in SharePoint.

Either you have to use the Date & Time column type OR you can create two choice columns with options for hours (0-23) & minutes (0-59) & use those for defining time of the day.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

it's possible to show hh:mm: and the seconds too?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jbrines1969 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jbrines1969 

There is no "Time only" column in SharePoint. In SharePoint you can create Date and Time column which can help you to track both date and time of activity completion. Check how to create a column in below article:

Create a column in a list or library 

If you want to show the Time only in separate column then you can extract time part from date & time using calculated column and show it in list view. Check below link for more information on this:

Time only Column in Custom List 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post