This File Has been moved. We recommend saving it now to finish moving it.

Copper Contributor

Hello, I have a very strange error in Excel when accessing files from SharePoint with"Open with Explorer" button, I get an error stating This File Has been moved. We recommend saving it now to finish moving it. I have tried uninstalling office, delete File explorer history, reset and delete the browser cache but no luck. if I click ok or cancel I am able to modify the file without any issue but the pop as became annoying for some of our users. also if I move that file to my desktop or open directly from my browser it opens without the error.

4 Replies
I'm getting the same issue. I think it started last month and happens every time I open a file from the mapped Sharepoint drive through Explorer, but works ok when I open from Sharepoint directly through the web browser or from Excel.

Other users in my office don't seem to be having the same issue, it's only affecting me.

Hello,

I am also experiencing this problem.  It started about a month ago.  Not sure if there is a resolution?

@Kevin Bedward I have the same issue after my office is updated to 16.0.10730.20102. Did you get a fix for this?

I'm replying to this old thread because I'm having the same issue with an Excel file in a shared onedrive folder. The only thing I can tell that's different in this file then all the others is it uses the date function "Today()" in several cells. It's possible that or some other function that gets updated when the file opens has something to do with it. I'm experimenting by setting calculate to manual. Then I'll adding the function to other spreadsheets that don't have it just to see if the error pops up for those files.