Text Web Part Hyperlink Behavior

Brass Contributor

Good Day

Our customers reached out to us regarding the Text Web Part we have available in Modern Pages. The question is around hyperlinks we set up within the Text Web Part. As a best practices customers set up the hyperlink so that when you click on it opens in a New Tab.  We do get this option as we configure the hyperlink through the Web Part.  Users tend to copy the hyperlink either elsewhere in the same web part of in other Text Web Parts.  What the users were expecting to see is that behavior to open the hyperlink in a New Tab would carry over but that is not the case.  Although the hyperlink format remains as you copy/paste it elsewhere, the setting to open it in a New Tab does not.  We were being ask if this was a bug but I think this is expected behavior.  Appreciate any feedback.

3 Replies

@JMB125 , it seems to be a bug to me, I had raised a support ticket to Microsoft (15173151‎), I will keep you updated on their response.

From Office365 Support: I'm sorry I couldn't give you a quick way to copy the new tab behavior along with the destination and formatting. Please visit https://sharepoint.uservoice.com to add your suggestion,

Thanks for the response. So is this really a bug or not as mentioned earlier? Thanks