SOLVED

Tasks not showing in Planner Web Part

Brass Contributor

I have a Sharepoint Online site that's attached to a team.  I added the Planner web part to the page in task view, and although the task buckets show up, they are empty.  None of the many tasks are displaying.  The following error appears:

We couldn't load your plan. Please try again later. 

JenLavery_0-1676046473700.png

It's been ongoing for over a week now.  I've removed the part, I've added it back in several times.  I've not found this with other Team sites yet.  Does anyone know of a work around here?  Is there a site setting somewhere that's causing this issue?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by JenLavery (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JenLavery 

There is an active service incident about this: PL513546

February 10, 2023 12:10 PM

=======================

Title: Users' Microsoft Planner plans that contain task recurrences may not load in SharePoint Online

User impact: Users' Microsoft Planner plans that contain task recurrences may not load in SharePoint Online. More info: The issue is specific to Microsoft Planner webparts enabled in SharePoint Online. Plans that don't render in the SharePoint Online web part can be successfully viewed through Teams or Planner web. 

Current status: We’ve developed and validated a code fix to address this issue. We anticipate the deployment to the impacted environment should begin by our next update, at which time we expect to have a better estimation for it’s completion and impact resolution. 

Scope of impact: This issue may affect any user of the Microsoft Planner webparts in SharePoint Online with plans that contain task recurrences. 

Start time: Monday, January 30, 2023, 6:00 AM (12:00 PM UTC)

Root cause: A code compatibility issue within the SharePoint Online web part code is impacting the new task reoccurrence feature being deployed in Planner. 

Next update by: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 5:00 PM (11:00 PM UTC)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JenLavery (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @JenLavery 

There is an active service incident about this: PL513546

February 10, 2023 12:10 PM

=======================

Title: Users' Microsoft Planner plans that contain task recurrences may not load in SharePoint Online

User impact: Users' Microsoft Planner plans that contain task recurrences may not load in SharePoint Online. More info: The issue is specific to Microsoft Planner webparts enabled in SharePoint Online. Plans that don't render in the SharePoint Online web part can be successfully viewed through Teams or Planner web. 

Current status: We’ve developed and validated a code fix to address this issue. We anticipate the deployment to the impacted environment should begin by our next update, at which time we expect to have a better estimation for it’s completion and impact resolution. 

Scope of impact: This issue may affect any user of the Microsoft Planner webparts in SharePoint Online with plans that contain task recurrences. 

Start time: Monday, January 30, 2023, 6:00 AM (12:00 PM UTC)

Root cause: A code compatibility issue within the SharePoint Online web part code is impacting the new task reoccurrence feature being deployed in Planner. 

Next update by: Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 5:00 PM (11:00 PM UTC)

View solution in original post